Are you looking for acne solutions that really work? The good
news is, whether you're a teenager or an adult suffering from
acne, you don't have to live with it. Here you can find 10 super
easy and effective ways to get rid of acne.
1. Do not pick, press or rub your pimples. These actions actually
increase the sebum production and rupture the membranes below your
skin. The infection and sebum will spread underneath your skin and
cause more pimples. Also, you risk increasing the chances of leaving
scars on your face.
2. Wash your face twice a day using a mild soap. It is even better
if you can buy sulfur-based soap especially for acne. If your skin
is too oily, use a soap with benzoyl peroxide. Do not use rough
sponges, brushes, or anything similar on your face. You shouldn't,
however, over-wash your face because it will actually stimulate
your sebaceous glands to produce more sebum which will increase
3. Check if it is because of the food. For many people, food
allergy can cause very serious acne condition. You should avoid
eating too much oily and spicy food. Recent studies have shown that
acne can also be caused by milk which contains hormones as well
as seafood with relatively high levels of iodine. If possible, cut
down on those foods. Other foods you may consider avoiding are:
sugar, dairy products, deep-fried food, meat, nut butters, etc.
On the other hand, it is believed that green vegetables, vegetable
juices and foods rich in zinc can help alleviate acne condition.
4. Drink more water every day. "Eight glasses of water a
day can keep acne away." says Jennifer Thoden, a respected
acne expert. The reason is that water can carry waste material out
of our body and it really helps heal and prevent acne flare-ups.
5. Do not wear makeup if possible. Makeup products can clog your
pores, cause more blackheads and pimples. If you have to wear makeup,
make sure it is water-based. Be sure to clean your makeup brushes
regularly and cleanse your skin before you sleep.
6. Do not use oily products. Avoid products such as hair pomades,
intense oil-based facial moisturizers, and oily cleansers.
7. Keep your face clean. Do not rest your chin on your hands
or constantly touch your face. Regular shampoo your hair and keep
it off your face, especially when you sleep.
8. Exercise moderately as it helps in blood circulation and elimination
9. Stay stress-free. Studies have shown that stress not only
worsens acne flare-up, it also worsens the overall skin condition.
Talk to your friends, listen to your favorite music, or take a walk
in the park. There are many things you can do to be stress free.
10. Get Sunshine and fresh air. Sunshine stimulates vitamin D
in the body, an essential vitamin for healthy skin. Fresh air and
sunshine can also reduce stress (tip #9) and increase oxygen to
the skin. Don't get burnt in the sun though. Burnt and heavily
tanned skin forms a layer on the skin that doesn't exfoliate
quickly enough and can lead to blocked pores.
Nicholas Ahern is an expert in skin care and the webmaster
of AcneFreeForever.com. Get free tips and info on acne care