By Knut Holt
In order to successfully reduce weight and get slim, you have
to eat healthy food, you have to reduce your consume of fat and
carbohydrates and you have to exercise regularly. Here are some
practical measures to fulfill this goal:
- Reduce the total amount of food you eat.
- However, do not try to starve yourself. Eat regularly 4 (or
5) moderate meals each day. In this way your blood sugar level will
not drop to low amounts that hinder you in doing physical activities,
and give you an impulse to over-eat.
- Do not use fast-food or other sorts of pre-made food. Make
your meals from pure raw ingredients that you buy yourself. In this
way you have full control of what you put into your body.
- Do not eat between the meals.
- Each meal shall include some lean protein-rich element like
lean fish, poultry, mushrooms or lean meat.
- Cut away all visible fat from meat, poultry or fish.
- Each meal shall also include some vegetables or fruit. These
shall be raw or only gently cooked.
- In each meal there shall also be some whole corn bread or cereals,
beans, peas or potatoes as a carbohydrate and energy source. It
is important to vary the energy source from meal to meal. Do not
only use bread or potatoes.
- Fat fish, nuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, olives and the like
contain very much fat. But the fat is of a type that is valuable
for your health. You shall therefore eat some of these food types
every day, but in moderate amounts. You may however choose to increase
the amount of these ingredients in your diet if you reduce the amount
of bread, and other carbohydrate sources.
- Do not add much extra oil, butter, fat sauces, fat dressings,
sugar or sweet sauces to your food.
- The little fat you add to your food should be of natural chemically
unaltered types like virgin olive oil, sunflower oil, rape oil /
canola oil, soy oil, fish oil or natural butter. Vary the oil type
to get all essential fatty acids.
- Ideally you should not consume sweet beverages, except fruit
juice in moderate amounts.
- Reduce your alcohol consume. Alcohol is converted to fat in
- Drastically reduce your consume of snacks, ice-cream, cakes,
cookies, chocolate and the like.
- Do not consume great amounts of salt. Salt does not make you
fat, but it binds water in your body and this excessive water contribute
to your weight problem. When you loose fat, the fat also tends to
be replaced by water. Reducing the salt consume will help you get
rid of excessive water.
- Some people over-eat because of boredom. Find some new hobby
activities or some new friends that share some of your interests.
- Do some physical exercise at least every second day. You shall
include exercises that give your muscles some resistance in order
to increase your muscle mass, for example weight lifting. You shall
also include some activities that make you consume energy and build
up your condition, like running, swimming and cycling. And you should
do some stretching exercises, for example yoga postures.
- A supplement of vitamins and minerals can be useful to make
your body able to burn fat effectively or increase your ability
to engage in physical activities. When you reduce the amount of
food you consume, also the amount of vitamins and minerals you take
in will be reduced. This lack can be remanded with an extra supplement.
- On the market you can also find preparations of herbs, vitamins
and minerals especially made for people in a slimming process, giving
these effects: They replace a lack of vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants
because of reduced eating. They help your body burn and eliminate
fat. They give you a feeling of greater energy and a greater ability
to be physically active. They help reduce an abnormal appetite.
Some preparations also contain ingredients that reduce the uptake
of fat and carbohydrates from the intestines.
Written by Knut Holt. To see more health information and
health products - For example natural medicines against: Acne,
rosaceous, eczema, hypothyroidism, hemorrhoids, obesity, rheumatism,
depression, fatigue, anxiety, high cholesterol, hypertension
and many more diseases. Knut Holt may be contacted at