Ten Tips to Losing Weight During the Holidays
1. You are on your own. Do not wait for someone else to join
you in a weight reduction group. Weight control is an individual
sport. Begin today.
2. Physical Stress builds over the holidays. Get more exercise.
When you go shopping, park your car far away from the stores.
Walk 25% faster than you normally do. You need to increase your
physical activity in order to reduce stress
3. Use your Television for stress reduction. Every time commercials
come on your television, use the mute button on your remote
and that practice deep breathing exercises. Use the 17 or 20
minutes each hour of television to focus on reducing stress
and focusing on your goal weight.
4. Start a new holiday tradition of going hiking, ice skating,
swimming at a pool, joining a gym, or taking an exercise class
at an adult education facility.
5. Avoid any â€œpot luckâ€ dinners. People love to create fatty
and sugary concoctions over the holidays. There are reasons
government health inspectors cite restaurants for unhealthy
food preparation conditions. You have no assurance of the sanitary
conditions of your pot luck contributors. If you did not make
the food, consider it unsafe.
6. Avoid all you can eat or buffet serving restaurants. You
will always take more than what you can eat and then feel pressured
into eating everything on your plate.
7. Avoid consuming alcohol as much as possible. People get
physically depressed over the holidays. Consuming alcohol will
enhance rather than reduce the depression. You will also gain
more weight as alcoholic beverages also contain sugar and fat.
8. Drink more water than you think you need. In the winter
time in the Northern Hemisphere, where I live, people do not
drink much water because of the cold winter climate. Your body
needs water to survive. Also, by drinking water you will reduce
the cravings for food. If you are not craving food then you
may not feel you need to eat food.
9. Do not expect your friends and relatives to support you
in your quest for a healthy life. Look around you. Are the people
you hang around with healthy and in shape? If not, do not expect
them to support you in your quest for good health. Go out and
get healthy and then you can be a positive role model and mentor
to them. Get healthy and save a live or two.
10. Take Action Now! Do not wait to lose your weight, tomorrow,
next week or next month. Procrastination involves stress. You
can reduce stress and reduce your weight by taking action now!
For Further Reading