Twelve Qualities Of An Influential Person
Everyone should strive to be an influential individual. When you are influential,
you have more control over your life, your finances and how you are treated and
your statements hold more weight with your listeners.
Some people claim that all you have to do is have money and you will be influential,
but that is not true. Yes, people listen to someone with a lot of money more than
they will to someone who only has a few dollars to their name, but money alone does
not make you influential.
Truly influential people have the following characteristics.
1. They have integrity. Their word is their bond. When they say that they
will do something, they always follow through with it. They don't steal or cheat.
2. They have an optimistic attitude. They always think a glass is half full
and that everything is possible.
3. Excellence is their password. Everything they do is done to the best of
their ability. They never settle for second best in any aspect of their life or
4. They are decisive. They know what they want and they make decisions quickly.
5. They are goal setters. Quick decisions are followed by setting a goal
to ensure that the necessary steps are in place to reach the desired result.
6. They make a commitment to everything they do. They commit to work harder
at everything they attempt and never give up.
7. They set priorities. They ensure that an important thing is handled first
and a less important thing is done later.
8. They are very good with relationships. They are loyal to their friends
and family and fair to everyone they encounter.
9. They are full of self confidence. There is no doubt in them about their
capabilities because they know that they can handle anything life throws at them.
10. They practice good time management. They ensure that time is not wasted
on frivolous things and that important things get the time that they deserve.
11. They show gratitude for what they have and generosity to those in need.
12. They are self motivated. They do not need any outside influence to motivate
any of their actions as they have the ability to provide all the motivation they
need to accomplish any task.
If you can master these twelve characteristics you will be amazed at how influential
you become in all facets of your life. Pick one of these traits and practice it
daily until it becomes second nature to you. When you have mastered it, go on to
the next one. Yes, it will take time to master them all, but think of the future
you will have when you do. The sooner you start, the sooner you will become the
master of your destiny."
For Further Reading